Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hadeeth Reminder: Love of The Prophet, Qada Wa Qadar and Good in Every Afair

1- Love Of The Prophet


"During the lifetime of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) there was a man who used to make Allah's Apostle laugh. The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) lashed him because of drinking (alcohol). One day he was brought to the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) on the same charge and was lashed. On that, a man among the people said " O Allah, curse him! How frequently he has bbeen brought (to you on such charge)!" The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam said, " Do not curse him, for by Allah, he loves Allah and His Apostle."[sahih Bukhari]


We must not underestimate the importance of love of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and His Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam). This does not mean that the public sinner shall not be punished if he loves Allah (subhana wa taa'la) and His Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam). But when a person has been punished, their account is cleared, and there is no need to hate them or curse them.


Only Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knowsthe sincerity of a person's repentance. No human can judge what is in another's heart. So we leave the case of the hearts and intentions to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). A person is treated in this world according to what they do and say. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will treat them according to what he knows about their reality.

2 - Qada wa Qadar

Rasulullah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "True faith is to beleive in Allah, His angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day, and in divine destiny (qada wa qadar), its good and its evil." [Sahih Bukhari]

Beleif in circumstances of live being predetermined, is beleif in divine destiny. Which parent I was born to, how long I will live, where I will die and what provisions/ rizq I will receive during the various stages in my life; these were written in the Preserved Tablet (al-Lawh al-Mahfuz) long before my birth. Beleif in qada wa qadar produces contentment and saves one from desperation and despair. This is due to the convinction that:-

1. Allah has put me in this world temporarily for a test and all of my good and bad circumstances are part of the test.

2. The test is about my performance in given circumstances, not about how good or bad my circumstances are. Regardless of what circumstances I encounter, I must exhaust my efforts to live by Allah's Deen.

3. My success depends on the efforts and sincerity I put in, not on the material results they appear to produce.

4. Real success is attaining the pleasure of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), not results in this world. Wether my efforts bear any visible results or not, I must continue on my course steadfastly.

5. Whatever hardships, tests, trials and sufferings I endure during my servitude to Him are all part of His plan for my ultimate success. Enduring them with contentment, without complain and without being disheartened, is part of my job as His slave that I am doing for His pleasure.

The result of beleif in qada wa qadar is tranquility of the soul.

3- Good in Every Affair

Rasulullah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Strange are the ways of a beleiver for there is good in every affair of his, and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a beleiver: For if he has an occasion to feel delight, he thanks (Allah), thus there is good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shows resignation (enduring it patiently), there is good for him in it." [Muslim]

A Muslim is thus truly blessed regardless of the circumstances in his/her life. A non-Muslim considers himself fortunate only if he is healthy, wealthy, happy and more. But Muslim is lucky all the time. This is because he/she accruing reward for Jannah weather they are healthy or terminally ill, prosperous or needy, relaxing in palaces or rotting in jails. This is indeed a unique favour of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) to his pious servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment